Dieting is a method in which an individual controls his diet, keeping in mind the daily nutritional requirements of the body. Dieting does not equal starving, it is a method wherein the body is provided with the minimum amount of food it needs to function thereby avoiding overeating.
What are Diet Plans
Doctors and nutritionists have come with a number of diet plans; these diet plans include a detailed account of the number of meals to be eaten and also, what should be eaten when and in what quantity. Juicing diet is one such diet programme that is grabbing the attention of many.
Juicing diet programme involves the inclusion of juices in to your diet, which helps in weight loss. However, it is not recommended to go on an all juice diet, a 3-day, 5-day or 7-day juicing diet can effectively aid weight loss and flush out toxins from the body.
Let us take a look at these diet programmes.
3 Day Juice Diet Programme
A 3-day juice diet is a diet programme for beginners and aims at detoxification, cleansing and weight loss. In a 3-day juice diet, you are advised to stay away from all solid foods and will only consume juices. The 3-day juice diet plan has great benefits if one follows it to the core and stays away from solid food entirely, as solid food hampers the process of cleansing. Following are the guidelines to be followed while on a 2-day juice diet.
- For 3 days stay away from all solid foods, you should be on an all juice diet.
- While on this diet, an individual must start their day with a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon. This gives you a boost of energy and gets your metabolism kick started.
- Drink a lot of water while you are on this diet plan, this aids in flushing out the toxins from your body. Also, drink at least a whole glass of water after every juice meal.
- While on this diet, it is advised to take 4 to 6 juice meals of a glass of each type of juice.
The 3-day juice diet is an excellent diet programme; here are some of its benefits:
- Detoxifies and cleanses the body
- Flushes out the toxins from the body
- Helps with weight loss
5 Day Juice Diet Programme
A 5-day juice plans runs on the same guidelines as the 3-day juice plan but it requires more commitment. A 5-day juice diet programmes involves abstaining totally from solid foods and relying only on juices.
This juice diet helps in weight loss and is more effective than the 3-day juice diet programme as it gets the body into a habit of consuming healthy foods and thus even after the end of your 5-day diet plan, your body craves healthy foods. Following are some of the guidelines to follow while you are on this juice diet programme.
- Almost one week before the start of this diet programme, abstain from eating processed foods, junk food, excess of meat and dairy products and caffeine.
- Try eating more of salads, legumes and beans before going on this diet, drink at least one glass of freshly squeezed juice daily.
- While on this diet abstain from any kind of solid foods, rely solely on juice meals.
- Drink lots of water and give your body adequate rest and sleep.
- Do not take any kind of medication during these 5 days.
- Take at least 5 to 6 juice meals daily.
The 5-day juice diet plan is a great diet programme and is extremely beneficial for the body. Here are some of the benefits of the 5-day juice diet plan.
- Develops the habit of eating healthy.
- Gives a boost to your immune system.
- Gives you clear skin free of any kind of impurities
- Cleanses the body and removes all toxins.
- Quicken the process of weight loss
- Flush the toxins out from your body.
7 Day Juice Diet Programme
A 7-day juice diet is very similar to the 3-day or 5-day juice diet but it requires a lot more dedication on the part of the individual trying this diet. A 7-day juice diet involves intake of juices and only juices for seven days, during this period the individual should not eat any solid foods. Water is an essential aspect of every juice diet and the individual practising it should drink lots of water. Here are the guidelines for a 7-day juice diet.
- A 7-day juice diet plan involved two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners.
- While on this diet, one should not eat any solid food and should consume at least 6 to 8 glasses of juice
- Every juice meal should be followed by a glass of water.
- While on this diet, should you experience cravings or headaches, just stay focused and determined to the diet and give your body the time to adapt your new diet.
- Stay well hydrated and well rested for the entire duration of the diet plan.
The 7-day juice diet plan has amazing benefits; here are some of the benefits.
- Removal of toxins from the body
- Weight loss.
- Develops the habit of eating healthy foods and reduces cravings
- Curbs the appetite thereby aiding weight loss
Recipes to Make Your Juice Diet Programmes Interesting
The 3 day, 5 day and 7 day juice diet plans are a great way to cleanse your body and give your metabolism a boost. Here are some of the recipes that you can try while on a juice diet.
i) Morning Glory
Ingredients: Two Apples, 2 Cups of Grapes, 1 Cup Blueberries, 1 Cucumber, 1′ Ginger and 2 Kale leaves
ii) Sunset Passion
Ingredients: 1 Cucumber, 1 Apple, 1 Beet Sliced, 4 Kale Leaves, 1 Carrot, 1/4 Lemon Peeled and 1/4 Lime Peeled.
iii) Bruschetta Tang
Ingredients: 1 Bunch of Basil, 2 Tomatoes, 1/4 Lemon Peeled and 1-2 cloves of Garlic
While attempting to lose weight do try these amazing juice diet plans with the help of the above instructions. So enjoy these amazing juices and pave your way to a healthier body, which is free of impurities.